Wednesday, August 16, 2017

HOPE

If you are feeling sad, angry, or scared, about the racism happening in the world today... join the club! Our hearts SHOULD break for the things that break the heart of Christ. Just remember the promises of Jesus though, and that only light can drive out darkness. Hatred and racism (even when not by us), has the ability to bring out the worst in us all. Be careful that you're not creating MORE division. In a previous blog I wrote "Jesus never drew lines, he erased them." He fought hatred and evil with his love and promises.

I love my mom. Although I am an adult myself now, she still encourages and teaches me things. We may not always agree 100 % on everything (including world views or politics), but that's ok! I always appreciate her perspectives and reminders to keep my eyes on Christ and His word. What a beautiful message her devotional was! Take a moment to read it - it's powerful! 👇🏻


My mom sent that to me this morning and it really encouraged me to remember all the good that still exists, and that God is still at work. That's not to diminish or ignore what's happening around us, but to empower us as Christians to rise above and share the hope of Jesus to all the world. The time is NOW. The mission of Christ within us is to "go into all the world and make disciples". So what better time than now to spread the message of Christ!

Tomorrow I leave with 10 other people from my church on a trip to the DR working along side the ministry Food for the Hungry. As I prepare my heart for this 7 day mission trip to the village of El Mirador, I found this devotional to be perfect. God is still at work! There are good peaceful people all over the world that NEED our help. They need the message of Christ, and they need reminders that they have brothers and sisters all over the world that love them no matter their race or skin color.

One of my favorite verses is Psalm 34:14 - "Turn from evil and DO good. SEEK peace and PURSUE it." Do, seek, pursue. We have a call to action and a mission. Don't let evil racist people derail your mission. God isn't a certain political party, religion, gender, race, or movement. He's the light of the world. Run fast towards it. The enemies plan is to create more darkness and division from the evil that already exists - and I'm here to call BS on that! The message of Christ is that He can and WILL overcome the darkness - Because the darkness doesn't rule!!!!!! There. Is. Hope.

"Live as a child of light. Together we will draw others out of darkness, into the light of my transforming presence."

Today I'm feeling grateful for the people in my life that point me to Christ in times like these 🙏🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment